Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Floral Hair Pieces

Soo... I just stumbled upon this AMAZING post on The Glamourai
http://www.theglamourai.com/2011/06/glamourai-diy-floral-headdress.html

Which really got me thinking about how much I adore wearing flowers in the hair.  Thanks to shows like Sex and the City and Gossip Girl, floral headgear has really made a comeback in the past few years.



Growing up in Hawaii I'm definitely a huge fan of this trend.  I naturally gravitate to putting real flora in my hair!  Just the other day, I shocked my co-workers by showing up with a flower behind my ear.  Everyone thought it was fake at first, and were shocked when they learned that my lovely gardenia was actually picked right from my backyard!




For me, wearing flowers in your hair isn't just a fashionable thing to do, how you wear it has significance.  If you're single you are supposed to wear your flower above your right ear, but if you're taken you need to wear it on the left (because it's above your heart).

XOXO,
Catherine

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home