Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Twist on Things [Day #3]

Sewing days are especially fun when you make something spectacular out of random scraps of fabric. A Twist on Things day #3 will be able to attest to this. Out of extra fabric scraps and a thin piece of elastic I was able to create a lightweight, sparkly scarf. ;) It was definitely a piece I've been *wanting* to wear, but just couldn't find an outfit that it fit with. But, have no fear...because today I overcame that thought. I paired this fun, glittery scarf with equally glittery oxfords and a brown bubble dress. Finishing it off with a brown vintage belt with a gold buckle. These oxfords have been my recent love. I've always loved the oxford look, but never felt as if I could fit the style quite right. After finding these at DSW, there was no...and I mean..NO reason I shouldn't get them. [Aside from the fact that they cost me an arm and a leg.] ;) They have definitely been worth it though, and I believe they will be equally helpful as they are now throughout the fall.

The twist today is basically the centerpiece of the outfit: the scarf. What was once a normal, cute dress -- just became a statement. I even think that the Man Repeller would be proud of me. O.o




[Statue Pose] ;)

Good luck with the twisting!
<3Jane

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home